Why Virtual Workspaces Are On The Rise
As the number of telecommuters and those who work at least part-time from home continues to grow, technology is having to change and adapt to the needs of workers and companies. With over 1.7 million Canadians working from home, businesses are looking for the most efficient, cost-effective methods to allow their employees to get their work done, and that is where the Workspace comes in. But what exactly is the Workspace?
The Workspace: Your Virtual Office
The Workspace is just what the name implies—a virtual workplace. It is your office, with all your necessary work tools, made portable. Whether you are at your physical workplace, your home office, or anywhere else that an internet connection is available, your workspace is there with you.
With the Workspace, you will be able to work just as you do at the office, no matter where you might be, even when travelling.
Benefits of a Workspace
Adopting a workspace offers several advantages and conveniences that will benefit your company and employees in a number of ways. Some of these benefits include:
- Access to their work files and tools, at any time, from anywhere. Using workspaces, employees will be able to work from home, or even when travelling. Virtually anywhere that an internet connection exists, they will be able to work.
- Your device will simply be accessing the workspace, and not responsible for actually running your office software. As a result, there may be no need to replace your device as technology changes and improves, and it may be possible to repurpose older devices, or buy cheaper, less powerful ones. This can add up to a considerable reduction in expenses.
- Workspaces are scalable, allowing them to easily meet the needs of your company, whatever they might be, and however they might change.
- Workspaces can offer advanced technology that may not be available through other means, or which may be prohibitively expensive to duplicate on your own. This will increase your productivity.
- The ability to work remotely means that there will be more flexibility when hiring, allowing you to hire employees to work from home, or come into the office on a part-time basis. Employees who are travelling, or sick at home will still be able to work.
- The workspace is hosted and managed by a service provider. As a result, you won’t need to worry about any maintenance or security.
- Being a managed service, you should also be able to expect better stability and greater customer support on an ongoing basis.
- If a device is stolen, sensitive data is not in danger, as it is not stored on the device, meaning you are much more secure.
Looking to the future, industry experts are predicting that workspaces will become increasingly popular as time goes by, owing to the reduced costs for hardware and the greater flexibility and adaptability that the workspace offers. Although there may be certain challenges involved in implementing them in some environments, it is quite likely that workspaces will soon be commonplace in many organizations.
Need help setting up your workstation? Contact Safe Harbour today!